Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sometimes the Romantic Comedy doesn't come true

Whatever happened to the guy with the radio above his head?  The criminal who gives his earring to the princess?  Maybe the Prince & Princess going away to Princeton together?  One of my favorites riding into the sunset with the lawn boy on his lawn mower.

These are just in the movies, this isn't how love really happens.  I used to believe in true love, soul mates, the living happily ever after, but as I grew up the realization that maybe that movie type of love no matter how desirable just isn't realistic.  Some people might think me as bitter, or mad, maybe even a depressed lunatic, but the facts are simple, love is hard, love is something that takes two people who care for each other.

I have loved, I felt I had a soul mate someone who I truly cared about & would have done anything for.  However when that person left for another world, she took a piece of my heart & soul.  Since then I have been very protected, walls built around my heart & soul so I would never be hurt again.

Well now a few years later, the time has come for me to bring down those walls, to risk being hurt again, to find love.  Im not sure what the future will hold, not sure what will happen, but Im looking forward to believing again in my own Romantic Comedy Love.

To my future soul mate wherever you are, I will be waiting for you with the radio, the earring, driving into the sunset on...... well anything as long as its with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment