Sunday, April 26, 2015

Feeling alone in a city of millions

So I have lived in Los Angeles now for several years, I have seen much of this beautiful city, toured the tar pits, seen the Magic Castle, enjoyed the Observatory, hiked the amazing trails & I have met some wonderful people.  However this city is home to an industry that not only encourages people to be fake, but actually makes money from it.  Now Im not saying this is a bad thing, the entertainment industry has brought me happiness on levels that I can't describe, however with the same amount of joy this industry has brought, it has also brought pain, sorrow, depression, and loneliness.

Im an actor/comedian/producer in the entertainment industry I have made a career out of this crazy place for many years and have done some pretty amazing things.  The phrase "its lonely at the top" doesn't always apply to CEOs, Corporate Kings, or Kings in general, it also applies to people that have set themselves apart from others to try and accomplish something that most think is impossible or improbable.  Making a career in this industry is extremely difficult, it take tons of fortitude, forward thinking, perseverance, a tough skin and a lot of work.

So why in a city with millions of people, where over 240,000 people come every year to try and make a career from an industry that can provide joy, excitement, glamour, and sometimes fame is it one of the loneliest places to be?  I have had relationships (most not lasting over 30days), I have friends (only about 2-3 are true and close to me), I have been surrounded by hundreds of people talking or asking me questions (only about 10 are relevant) and yet I still feel alone in a vast ocean with nobody around.

Maybe this is the way life here is supposed to be, maybe its for a greater good, or maybe its just my own inability to connect with someone on a personal level.  I dream of someday having the perfect life.... The career, the family, the peace of mind, and of course the happiness.......

2 comments:

  1. You will find the family and companionship you so want; when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sweetie, I have you for a BFF and sister ;-)

      Delete